Jack is a climber. This sucks now but I assume when he is a grown man winning tons of money for rock climbing competitions I won't mind. Yesterday he climbed all the way to the top of his bouncy chair and almost catapulted himself across the room. Then it was the dishwasher. He had all 4 limbs up and was crawling inside (I know you are thinking, "Where were you?" Well, I was watching. I wanted to see how far he could get). He climbs over the back of the pews at church. He climbs up the couches. When you hold him he tries to climb over your shoulder. He has even started to try and climb the window blinds. I didn't actually know that was possible, but it is.
So, here is where the real problem comes in. He is trying to climb his crib. So far he just pulls himself up and holds onto the top rail. However, he CAN'T GET BACK DOWN. Which is unfortunate because then he cries and can't fall asleep. I have to go in and rescue him and then 3 minutes later he is right back up. Not too bright if you ask me, but he is only 8 months old. So my question is, are you allowed to use truck tie-downs on your kids?
Seriously, any suggestions are welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
what if you got one of those sleep sacks- The kind that's like a little zipped up dress? At least at night this could maybe help with the situation. At least he probably would't be able to stand as easily to reach that top rail. ???
Lower the crib mattress ALL THE WAY DOWN. Then he can't hurt him self if he goes too far up. NEXT, let him figure it out...this means let him cry. I should only take about three times, and he'll master that. Good luck friend! Love ya!
IT should only take about three times, IT... Maybe spell check next time?
Yep, he sleeps in a sleep sack each night. He can still get up in that thing. Crib mattress is all the way down. I guess I will have to let him cry it out :( Sad.
What about those crib tents that you put over the crib? I've never tried them, I know they're good for kids who climb out of cribs. I'm not sure about your situation though. Good luck.
Ah the wonderful world of boys. I agree with Kate, totally let him figure it out himself. Its no fun to hear them cry but it will help him learn something new. Enoch wasn't much of a climber when he was younger but he sure is now and let me tell you, its heart stopping...he's also a jumper. We made the mistake of letting him watch Wipeout...now he jumps from couch to couch, couch to ottoman, ottoman to whatever person is walking by...yeah, its fun.
Welcome to the world of raising a Durrant :) Cash is EXACTLY the same. Climbing over baby gates BEFORE he could even walk!!
That Jack, he's a sneaky one...just like his mom :)
Post a Comment