Jan 18, 2010

Best Idea EVER

Since I have a lot of unchecked boxes on my "Things to do before I turn 30" list, I decided that now is the time to start checking boxes. One of those things is to go to the Kentucky Derby. I just realized that I'm only about a 10 hour drive from said race.

So, my question is, who is coming with me?!?!?

I'm thinking a really fun girls trip, since Jay has no interest. You can fly into DC and drive out with me, or meet me in Louisville. General admission tickets for just standing are $40. Pretty cheap actually. However, if you don't have anywhere to sit, can you still wear a lovely hat?

11 comments:

Liz said...

I want to know what else is on your list.

Anonymous said...

They have horse races just southeast of us I think. But tickets are expensive. But seriously, love me a little horse racing.

Kate said...

My friend Juliana live in Kentucky...Very close to the race...I'm in.

Kate said...

LIVESSSSS in Kentucky...one handed typing.

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun! Can I wear my cowboy hat?

Mandi said...

I want to go!!!!!! I have one good hat with no dress, and one good dress with no hat...Sounds like time for shopping:)

Sabrina said...

Umm - road trip Linds? I am totally in - I think I told you that but seriously, I am in!

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

Oh! I so want to go! And wear my stepfrd wives dress and hat.. I'll need to pick one of those up on my way home from work.. Count me in! when??

diana said...

It has always been a dream of mine to attend "THE" Derby. So, you will have to live out there for a few more years, so that I can save up the money.

Julie said...

I will come, But, But I don't want to wear the hat. Can you go without the huge, cumbersome hat? I know its all in fun and it's your list, okay, okay, I will wear the stupid hat.

Kaela Cusack said...

I MAY be open to that. I'm pretty sure I'm free that day, and I don't think it's terribly far from us! Let me know :)