Jan 3, 2010

I Believe I can Fly


Dear Mom and Dad,

I am less than pleased with the things you have taught me in my short life. Maybe you should help me get a grip on reality instead of letting me believe so many far-fetched ideas. Let me break it down for you...

Reindeer can fly. Harry Potter can fly. And based on Dad's teachings, Carmelo Anthony can fly. Why didn't you tell me that Rudolph doesn't exist, Harry Potter is a mythical wizard with an enchanted broom and Carmelo Anthony has a 41 inch vertical leap, not wings. This knowledge would have helped the other day when I tried to fly out of my crib. Instead of flying as expected, I landed on my forehead, got a really nasty bruise and nearly broke my neck.

I know that you love me, so please help me to learn what I am capable of and not capable of.

Love, Jack

P.S. Mom, thanks for the blankets and pillows you stacked on the floor by my crib just in case I try base jumping next.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Jack looks ticked about the reindeer can't fly thing :) Hope you sort it all out.

Lisa said...

Oh my! My boys took a lot of headers. Maybe that's whats wrong with them today. Just kidding.

Boys do a lot of stupid stuff, just ask your mom...

Eric and Melissa Bringhurst said...

That is a great picture...goes perfectly with his "letter". The girls really miss Jay too! Just the other day Carley realized that she didn't see "Jay the painter guy" at church and wondered where he was :( Hope all is well!

Eric and Melissa Bringhurst said...

That is a great picture...goes perfectly with his "letter". The girls really miss Jay too! Just the other day Carley realized that she didn't see "Jay the painter guy" at church and wondered where he was :( Hope all is well!

Kir said...

HA! I guess he needed to use his blanket as a cape! I did that once, and jumped off a garage! Funny....I couldn't fly either.

Amy and Barry said...

That face is PRICELESS!!! :)

Emily said...

haha, dang! That's a nice shiner! that face is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, remind me to never make Jack mad. He looks like he is about to wreck whoever is taking that picture

Kate said...

This, my sweet sister, is JUST THE BEGINNING. Wait until he figures out how to get out of his crib and wanders around the house in the middle of the night...Fun stuff awaits. He will be just fine.