Jan 19, 2009

When I Grow Up...

Random thoughts occur in the early morning hours when you are trying to stay awake and make sure your baby doesn't kill himself. It's like that "half eye open and if there is no crying or loud crashes, you are in good shape" kind of morning today :) I realize that I have my absolute dream job. I get to hang out with my bud all day, I get to play with toys, we have nap time and then I still have evenings off to be with Jay. I guess I always just wanted to be a mom, so it was a struggle from a young age when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up.

1. When I was 6 I wanted to be a country singer. Then I had to face reality. Can't sing. Can't dance. Don't have long blond hair.

2. When I was 12 I wanted to be a fashion designer. Then I realized my idea of designer is a little more normal than most designers. I mean, have you ever looked at Vogue? I would never think up half of that stuff.

3. When I was 16 I wanted to be an archaeologist. Then I realized, the pays sucks and most of the cool stuff has already been discovered.....and Indiana Jones is fictional.

4. Finally, this leads to the profession that I actually picked....massage therapy. While this career had its perks and learning experiences, I probably wasted a lot of money. Ha! However, if I hadn't done massage I would have missed out on the following....

  • Massaged a cage fighter. Who knew you had to train 8 hours a day just to get the crap beat out of you? Although, he did have a really long poem tattooed down his back so at least I had some reading material when he fell asleep.
  • Massaged a stripper. Without massaging her I would never have known that the Hunt Club in Ft. Collins is not actually a Polo or Fox Hunting Club, it's a topless bar. I also would not know that it is illegal to own a wolf in the city limits of Ft. Collins. (Yes, the stripper had a wolf.)
  • I got to rule out working in a bakery. I massaged the oldest man on the planet and his skin was pretty much like dough. When I massaged his back all of his skin ended up around his neck. Yep, never really have the urge to make bread now.
  • Massaged a wonderful couple for 3 years who took me on a helicopter ride, gave me their time share in Mexico for our honeymoon and very nearly killed me in a horse stampede.

So, for those of you still trying to find the perfect career.......good luck!

7 comments:

k.young said...

You are so funny!! I love reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

Based on our Hip-hop experience, I think we should become back up dancers for Britney Spears. It's the perfect mom job :)

Grant and Stacy said...

I think motherhood is definitely a good fit for you. However, I don't think you should give up you dream of country singer. Martina McBride had short brown hair, Trisha Yearwood can't dance, and Taylor Swift certainly cannot sing!

Anonymous said...

So, Scott just read your comment on my blog about Edward, and then he read your last few post...I'm pretty sure he wet himself. Just thought I'd let you know :)

E-Lo said...

Lindsay, you should be a comedian. You are SO funny :) Ha ha ha your blog makes me laugh. Thanks.
I've had your blog on my friends list for a while, but I’m so bad at updating my blog or writing to other ppl. I admire you for having a baby and finding time to blog. Good 4 u.
Yeah!!! Being a mom is great, I love it. I feel like I have a little angel in my house, my best friend, the love of my life and the best thing ever happened to me. The beginning was a bit hard, but now I’m having so much fun with him. Jay is such a cute/handsome boy. Don’t you just kiss him nonstop all day long!
I had some ppl from MVM over 4 lunch @ my house yesterday. It was fun 2 hang out w/them :)
Looks like you guys are doing great. I’m happy for you. Kiss little Jay from me.
Take care :)

Cody said...

Hey! So good to hear from you! And your family is so cute.... How the heck did you stumble upon my blog??? Anyway, I'm happy to see that you're doing good. I'm going to keep up on your blog if you don't mind!

Emily said...

you are hilarious. Being a mom is the best isnt' it. Way better than massaging doughy backs... Yuck!