I love Gone With the Wind. I think I was Scarlett O'Hara every Halloween from kindergarten to 6th grade. One of my favorite scenes is after Scarlett has her baby. Scarlett makes Mammy measure around her waist after her corset is tightened again.Scarlett: Try again, Mammy.
Mammy: Twenty inches.
Scarlett: Twenty inches? I've grown as big as aunt Pitty. You've simply got to make it eighteen and a half again, Mammy.
Mammy: You've done had a baby, Miss Scarlett. And you ain't never going to be no eighteen and a half inches again. Never. And there ain't nothing to do about it.
Well, I fully intend to prove Mammy wrong. Even if it takes me the next 6 years :)
7 comments:
Good luck! I'm sure it won't be hard for you.
Sorry. That was me signed in as my husband.
I feel your corsetted pain! Only 5 pounds to go! Oh wait, only 10 pounds to go! oh wait, only 15 pounds to go!(That was as I was eating chocolate while reading your blog!)
I just hope I don't have to ever wear a corset. I'm happy with what I am now, but I wouldn't mind a little help fron the tummy tuck fairy.
What kind of weird kid were you? Dressing up as Scarlet O'Hare. haha!
I would be happy with 25 inches!!! But I guess it is all about what you start out with. I think I was that skinny in 6th grade.
i saw a lady on Oprah who makes 40K a month from a popular blog that she does...you should think about blogging on a big scale :)
Post a Comment