Jun 25, 2009

Can the Terrible Twos Start at 13 months?

I think someone switched me babies in the night while I was sleeping. Somewhere in between 12 and 13 months Jack changed.....he changed into something terrifying and mean. When he doesn't get what he wants he looks me in the eyes, throws himself backward and screams bloody murder. He chews me out for the littlest things and I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure he gave me the finger. When I tell him no he pushes the limits and tries it again just to make sure I was serious. Where did my sweet baby go.....the one that didn't used to throw things at me?



He can unload a box of oranges faster than humanly possible.


This is the Redneck highchair. We went up to my parents condo in the mountains and didn't bring his highchair. We used a bar stool and a belt. It totally worked.

It's a good thing he is cute. It's about all he has going for him right now.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh just you wait!!

Becca said...

Welcome to the next phase of parenting. discipline. I'm not sure when this phase ends yet. 18?

Anonymous said...

I think Jack and Bayles are bosom buddies :) haha! Or they are secretly planning attacks against us together. Because seriously, Bayles is the exact same as Jack. Quite frankly, I don't know if the screaming will ever stop. And it's likely my ear drums are permanently damaged from his tantrums. It's time for some retaliation. Tit for tit...as Dwight would say :)

Natalie said...

3 is worse. Enoch was my sweet little angel buddy and then he got close to 3....thats when I was seriously considering selling him. He tells ME no, talks back, yells and screams when he doesn't get his way and even tries to pinch the daylites out of me. Thank heaven for time out! And yes, he still goes to time out. Thats all I've got right now. :D His sweet moments pop through every now and then so I know my "E" is still in there. ;o)

Tutu Qute said...

Oh my gosh I was just asking the DR the same thing. I thought Cosette was being possessed by the devil. She hits me and laughs, throws her self down and screams when I say no and is into everything. I'm literally exhausted all the time because she's so busy. AH! Complain to me any time. She hits 13 months in 2 days. Good Luck!