Apr 22, 2010
Arbor Day
So, I have a confession. I don't think Arbor Day should be celebrated in Virginia. Really, I do love trees, but planting more? I think Arbor Day is great in states like New Mexico, or Utah or Arizona....you know, places that lack trees. But Virginia? Absolutely not. Too many trees here. Seriously, if I see someone planting a tree here on the 30th I'm going to have to get physical. It's just stupid. Send your tree money to a state that needs it or use it to transplant some of the stinking trees here to other places.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Virginia and Maryland definitely DO NOT need more trees. I agree with you there. How about if I plant one here 'cause the Treasure Valley is very desert like in places...
Ha ha! You make me laugh, but you are so right! The first time I was in Baltimore, I remember driving on the freeways just being amazed by all the trees. At one point I finally just had to ask Rod who planted all the trees. He just laughed at me. As a child, I could totally buy the idea that Johnny Appleseed just walked around planting trees. Once I saw the East Coast, I knew it was just a legend! :-)
Bad attitude...we Virginians love our trees and I myself have chopped down like 5 in the past 5 years so I need to replenish...
Post a Comment