Jul 23, 2011

Replaced


There comes a time in all of our lives when we must let go of something we love. This time, it was our loveseat. I bought it before I met Jay. It moved with us three times. It was where we spent many a movie night snuggling. It was where I learned to nurse my babies. It was where I spent 2 and 1/2 months on bed rest watching movies and eating snacks with my sweet Jack. I truly loved it. But, as a family of four, it had fulfilled it's purpose. So, with much sadness in our (my) hearts, we gave it to another family to love.

I have never seen Jay happier to get rid of something.

Now we are the proud owners of a couch monstrosity. It is huge. It is comfortable. It has won over my family. Jay loves it.

I love it too. But, I miss my sweet little couch that forced us to sit too close together. It was the perfect size for Jay to reach my feet and give me nightly foot rubs. My feet miss the love seat. Now we each have our own section to sit on. Everyone seems so far away! I guess we will just have to have more children to fill in the gaps.

Ha!! Please.

I don't miss the love seat that much.



Jack found his Halloween costume that he wore at 6 months. Sadly, it still fits his waist. Could the kid get any skinnier?


Oh my precious. Can he possibly get cuter? I'm sure he has hit his peak, right?

Lastly, this is the reason I will no longer have time (or energy) to update our blog. See you in 18 years.

7 comments:

Jolene said...

1. LUKE IS ADORABLE!!! Gosh what a cute kid!!!
2. LOVE the new couch, makes your living room look HUGE!
3. My boys are skinny like Jack ;) Cash outgrows the length of a pair of pants LONG before the waist!

Lisa said...

RIP (with another family) cute little loveseat. I wish I could fit a sectional like that in my family room. Seriously...

Always love your cute boys...

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

holy huge couch batman!! looks soo good in your living room!

Natalie said...

Love the couch! Great choice!! Your boys just get cuter and cuter with every post. Love that Jack can still wear his 6 months costume, too funny!

Julie said...

Mya watched the video and asked how come that baby Luke can't walk. Made me laugh! Now she and Cannon are fighting about who can say his name better. Just wait til they both can talk... Lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

We also love your new couch. Would you like to trade straight up for our slobber stained sectional? I think you'll be getting a great deal! ha!

Amy and Barry said...

LOVE the couch upgrade. I hope to someday have one just like that, the chaise lounge is something I only dream about! Luke really is adorable and if it's even possible getting cuter by the day. Like Jack, I'm sure he won't hit a peak, he'll just cuter and cuter! :)