Jun 17, 2013

Ocean City

 We were so excited to have my parents come visit in May!  The last few visits we have had from our parents were during our stressful time in the NICU and right after the babies came home, so we were really looking forward to actually having fun with visitors.

We decided to head to Ocean City, MD.  I had been dying for some beach time, and there was a huge classic car show for my dad and the boys to enjoy.  We stayed right on the boardwalk which was so fun.  The cars revved loudly cruising the streets and I'm pretty sure my dad was in heaven.  Funny that I didn't get any pictures of all the cars.

 Jay felt this thing brush by him while he was in the ocean, so he reached down and caught it and dragged it to shore.  I don't know about you, but when I feel something brush by me in the ocean,  the last thing I would do is think about catching it! Ha!  It tried to spear him with his tail, but luckily Jay is quick and dodged the point. 


After catching the huge Horseshoe crab, the boys decided to dig for harmless sand crabs.  They found tons of them and had the time of their lives. 


Luke loves anything creepy crawly. 


My parents were wonderful and helped entertain our very hot and grumpy babies.  The babies did not really enjoy their first beach trip.  Party poopers.  And my dad may be the only person I know to wear jeans and wool socks to the beach :)


The boys had a sand throwing war.  I don't think I got all the sand off of them for 3 baths. 


We walked the boardwalk for a while, but the babies needed a bottle break.  Vacationing is going to be so much more fun when we can just hand them a juice box.  


We had a great time with my parents.  They enjoyed spoiling our kids (and us!) and we love every time they come to visit :)


No comments: