Jul 19, 2013

Frankenbaby

It is about 214 degrees in Maryland today with at least 400% humidity, so we are hiding in our cave house, with the lights off and the blinds shut.  I think I used to enjoy the summer heat more when I was a teenager and could lounge around at the pool all day slathering myself in baby oil.  Now I'm 30, my wrinkles are getting worse, I'm pretty sure I already have skin cancer (no joke, I have an appt. with the dermatologist next week), and it terrifies me to take my kids to the pool by myself.  How am I supposed to keep 4 kids from drowning all at once?  No thanks.  I keep telling myself that my kids are having a great childhood, but I guess we will see what their therapist says when they are 30. 

Tripp and Charlie had their 9 month appointment this week!  Can you believe it?  They have been such happy little things.  I almost don't remember the months they were in the NICU.  Did that actually happen? Tripp has gone from 2 lb. 9 oz. and 15.5 in. long to 15 lb. 8 oz. and 26 in.! Charlie started at 2 lb. 6 oz and 15 in. and is now 14 lb. 9 oz. and 26.5 in.!  I kind of miss their itty bitty squirrely selves :)

Charlie is still having some issues with colitis from his milk allergy, so he got to meet the president of the University of Maryland Baltimore this week!  He is a pediatric gastroenterologist that still practices while he runs the University.  Impressive! Charlie has about 3 more weeks to clear up his problems (with the help of massive amounts of steroids) or he has to have a couple of scopes done.  Poor kid. 

And Tripp sure caused quite the stir this week.  He had to have an EEG yesterday to rule out the possibility of seizures.  He was so brave and cooperative!  The technician got him done in an hour which is unheard of.  I was so proud :)  He was so cute and helpless attached to wires and wrapped in gauze.  He looked like a mini Frankenstein.  I spent most of the week worried and scared, and we heard today that everything came back completely normal!  Whew!  I love news like that :)

He has a little tumor by his eye that the Dr. is watching, but other than that, he is doing great!




If you haven't met the babies yet, I'm sorry.  I'm pretty sure they have hit their peak cuteness.  They couldn't possibly get cuter.




The big boys continue to help me each day.  Jack entertains the babies, cleans up their spit-up, and makes sure they don't swallow legos.  Tripp is still his favorite, but Charlie is quickly catching up :)


Jay and Luke are getting pretty inseparable.  Soon, all the boys will be going camping with dad, and I will be left out feeling sorry for myself.  Yeah right.  I will be at the spa getting a massage and then going shoe shopping!


Our one picture from the 4th of July.  The babies are terrified of loud noises, so we put the kids to bed early and cleaned our carpets.  I know.  We are the epitome of fun.  But, we are realistic in our 4th of July capabilities :)


We were supposed to get the huge brood of cicadas. We waited and waited and waited and they never came.  I hate bugs, so I was pleased. We found one regular annual cicada.  The boys loved it!  I let it stay in the bug jar on the counter for 1/2 day, then I made them let it go. 



My mad Stackadoo building skillz.


The babies have a new skill, too!  They can hold their own bottles!  I can't believe how much I am loving this!  They will only eat lying on the floor, so my back was getting pretty hunched leaning over them all day long.  Now, they are happily independent, and I am happy looking less like Quasimodo each day.


My sister sent these onesies for the babies :)  I thought it was appropriate that they came while I was working on my blog :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My question is who pulled the tape off of The Tripp-ster's head? Because I would not want that job. Poor little guy. Also, I will send Story over tomorrow to start potty training Luke :).

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

I love looking at them! They are little darlings! Glad you are doing good and hot out there! Now maybe you'll come home!