A few weeks ago I spilled water on our laptop. I managed to fry the entire computer and destroy every picture we have taken for the past 3 years. That's right. THREE years. Now before you lecture me on backing things up...it was on my to do list. My to do list that has been ignored for the past year. Sigh. So, thank goodness I have kept a blog and have a few pictures of our kids. I am devastated. If you have any pictures of my kids, send 'em over. And pray for our computer genius friend trying to recover any data he can from our old computer.
Luckily Maryland has had a cooler summer than usual. (So I've heard. It still feels hotter than ever if you ask me.) We have enjoyed a few rainy days. The fun thing about rain here that doesn't happen in Colorado, is that the rain is warm! It kind of feels like a hot shower. However, it doesn't make it cooler outside. Just more muggy and disgusting.
I love this picture. Mirror image :) I will put the babies in front of a mirror and they will giggle and reach out to their reflection. I'm not sure that they understand that it is them yet, and not the other twin :) I am amazed at how connected they are. It is almost like they think the other one is part of them, like an extra appendage or something.
Jay and I got to go on a real live date last week!! We went to a wedding and I got to wear a pretty dress and everything! It was like heaven! Then I spilled red sauce on my dress and didn't have any of my kids around to blame :) Thanks to our friends, Jen and V, for braving our busy brood for the night :)
I never wanted twins. Now that I have them, I would never want one at a time again. It is so fun to get to the cute stages and get to see it twice! Charlie has been on solids for a few months. Tripp was resistant and did not want any part of it. I had an occupational therapist come check him out to make sure his oral motor skills were ok. (Being tube fed for so long can cause some food and eating aversions.) She came and he showed off and ate like a champ. I swear he stuck his tongue out at me and giggled. He is fine and eating like crazy.
Charlie's steroids cleared up his GI issues and also really enhanced his performance levels. The kid is crawling everywhere, pulling up on things, climbing over everything, and getting hurt left and right by falling. He's a menace.
Tripp is happy to hang out on his blanket and chew on things. His motivation to move is not quite the same. Finally. I got a lazy one. YES!
Jack started Kindergarten today. He was pretty nervous to go. We pulled up to the school and he asked if he could sit in the car with me where it was quiet for just a few more minutes. I started crying like an idiot and now I'm sure he is going to get made fun of for having such a bawl bag mom.
It has been 5 hours and I am missing him like crazy. He has been my constant companion for 5 years. I feel a little naked. Like I forgot to wear a shirt today. I think he took a little part of my heart to school. He is such a great kid and I'm so proud of who he is growing up to be. He is going to love school. And I am going to survive :)
Luke was really sad when I came home without Jack. To make ourselves feel better, we tagged along with our friends to the farm. It was a great distraction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah, you made ME cry and Jack's not even my kid.
Post a Comment