Sep 11, 2013

Deep Thoughts: By Jack Durrant




Jack is probably the funniest person I have ever met.  I like to think he gets it from me, but unfortunately Jay is really funny too, so I may not be able to take credit for it.  These are a few from the past year that I have been collecting.

"I love church, it makes me feel warm and comfy."

"So, Elizabeth, are we gonna kiss, or what?"  (This was said while I was babysitting some other kids. I had already talked to him about being too young to kiss, but I said when he was older, he could ask her. Apparently older is 5 minutes later.)

"Did you know that babies can't get into trouble? They can't fight or hit or bite.  Except those babies in the country. I bet the country babies give their moms a hard time".

"That beetle that I caught tasted gross.  Don't worry.  I didn't eat it."

"When are those babies going to learn to take care of themselves?"

"Mom, it looks like you could use a Mountain Dew."

"Mom, I liked it better when you weren't fat." (I was pregnant with the twins)

"Mom, you are way prettier than Wendy Peffercorn."

"I'm the best green champion.  But this green champion needs to go pee."

"Mom, I'm going to marry you because you are the best girl.  Unless I find a girl with really beautiful, long hair."

 "I am drawing a Chinese zombie, because they are the scariest."

"I'm building a hydraulic, electronic spaceship."  (Where did he learn the word hydraulic?!)

Me: "Jack, how was school?"
Jack: "Fine. Can we talk about this later?"
Me: "You always say that and then you never tell me about it"
Jack: "I know. That's my trick."

Me: "Okay, everyone out! I need to change."
Jack: "Come on, Dad. We better leave before you see mom naked.  That would be REALLY weird."

"Does my wiener actually have a bone in it?" (Oh.my.gosh.  This one killed me.  Gotta love body questions!)

"Mom, would you please come take care of your babies? I can't do everything myself."


3 comments:

Kir said...

Oh, he is a character. I want to know how you answered the 'bone' question! Sheesh! What a funny kid!

Julie said...

I love you Jack! Please come visit!

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

"You look like you need a Mountain Dew" has to be the best.. wait they all rule! So awesome!