I got Harley for my 15th birthday and he turned out to be the best dog ever. He was the happiest dog and could make any day better. He was easy to train and loved everyone he met. He even loved the dog catcher and visited dog jail quite frequently :) Sadly, on Thursday, we found out he had lung cancer. I told him to lay off the cigarettes, but apparently he didn't listen :) So, after 11 and a half happy years we had to put him to sleep. How's this for a depressing post? Anyway, he had a happy little life. He did a great job being our dog.
Here he is with grandma.....although, she always said, "I am not that dogs grandmother! You didn't give birth to him!" Thank goodness :)
He was even running this morning! Must have known he'd be in dog heaven shortly :
Harley and his brother from another mother, Jack.

This is my favorite :)

5 comments:
lindsay! i am so sorry to hear about Harley! your post brought tears to my eyes! i would have an impossibly difficult time going through that with our cat too. :( i'm sure Harley is enjoying doggy heaven!
Great pictures. He was the absolute bomb of a dog. He will be missed.
I'm sorry to hear about Harley. He was a great dog. I'm glad we got to meet him.
What a sweet looking dog!! Sorry you had to put him down. I love the picture of all three of you.
What a sweet dog! I'm sorry you had to put him down, thats got to be hard. Good thing all dogs go to heaven. :)
Post a Comment