Mar 30, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

Evidently being accident prone is genetic. Jay separated his shoulder 4 days before we got married and has had little injuries here and there ever since. Jack is certainly following in his footsteps :) He has been crying a little for the past week when we pick him up. Jay and I tried to test his arms out to pin point where it was hurting him. Well, we couldn't ever find anything so we figured he was ok. Yesterday at church he started screaming like he was in excruciating pain. When we got home, we took off his shirt and sure enough, his shoulder and collarbone were swollen and a little bruised. We took him into the Dr. this morning and found out he has a fractured collarbone. We have no idea how or when he did it. He has been crawling like normal and pulling himself up and reaching for things. We had no idea! So, he gets to wear this sweet little brace to keep his shoulders from moving. He looks like a bulldog when he crawls and when he sits up he kind of looks like Frankenstein, but he doesn't seem to mind it and goes about his business as usual. Yay for x-rays and doctors!!! On the upside, at least for Halloween I can turn the brace into a little gun holster and he can be Jack Bauer :)





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor guy that must of been so painful!!!

diana said...

Well at least he gets to look cooler than his Dad!!

Kate said...

He is just so cute... It's amazing how resilliant those little guys are.

P.S. You never seem to take any genetic blame for the falling...

Emily said...

Holy cow, what a trooper to be hardly complaining! He's going to be the cutest little Jack Bauer ever. :)

Natalie said...

Poor little guy! He is still so stinkin' cute though!!! Hope he heals quickly. :D

Anonymous said...

That brace is a total fashion statement. I mean, I want one. Not a fracture, just the brace :) Also, Jack is cute :) Seriously, good job!

Jen-erek Johnson said...

Your little man is so cute! Let's hope he grows out of the accident prone stage...I know some of Jay's history and I wouldn't be able to be a sane mother.