Sep 8, 2009

Why Jay Made Me Cut Jack's Hair

Jack has GORGEOUS hair. He has blond curls that most women would die for. I LOVE Jack's hair. I love the little ringlets and how when he wakes up in the morning it sticks straight up and he looks like Einstein.

Unfortunately some people (grocery store clerks, people at the park....church...bank, etc.) tell us what a "beautiful little girl" we have. This is not something that bodes well with Jay. Everyday he tells me, "We need to cut Jack's hair. He looks like a girl, and we look like hippie parents who won't cut his hair". I keep putting it off. Those curls just get me every time.

Not so long ago I decided that Jack's hair was finally long enough for pig tails. I had to do it before we cut it....mostly to horrify Jay. Apparently that pushed Jay over the edge. He made me promise to cut his hair once we were settled in our new place. Well, I have successfully dodged it for weeks, until yesterday.

I did the unthinkable. I cut it. I, Delilah, cut Samson's hair and took away his strength. Now he looks like a regular boy....(tear)....and he doesn't look like a baby anymore....(more tears).....

....I guess they grow up eventually, but I'm just not ready.








14 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha ha ha!! I love the pigtails!! Cody would have killed me if I even thought about trying that with Christian's hair! :) The first haircut always makes them look so much older, it was a bitter sweet moment for me when I had to cut Christian's hair the first time! Looks like you guys are adjusting well to the East. Good luck with everything!

Mom said...

Well, he certainly looks very cute with his boy haircut! And, you are right, it makes him look like a boy instead of baby Jack. :) I sure miss him!!!

Becca said...

It looks so good. Jack would be cute no matter what his hair looks like. I like how he looks older though.

Anonymous said...

Bawhahahaha! Cute pigtails Jack. Or should I call him Jackie :) Anyway, he is looking very handsome with that new haircut.

I once put a bra on Bayles and took a picture. Scott wants me to burn it. No can do.

Tutu Qute said...

Oh my gosh those piggy tails are hillarious! He does look like such a little boy now. :( Cosette looks the same when we but her hair in pig tails in the back like that instead of on top. It's too sad I want her to stay small a little longer.

Emily said...

Oh his little pig tails! That was so funny/cute. He's going to kill you when his HS friends find those photos hahaha. I love it! Now he's a little boy with a little boy hair cut, absolutely adorable!

Lisa said...

He is still darling, no matter what. My oldest had the curls like that. He moved from baby to little boy in the blink of an eye.

diana said...

The pigtails were very nice. But, how is it that the boys get the curls in our famiy, while the girls get the stick straight hair? Jack is adorable any way you cut it!

Kate said...

We resemble the hippie parent comment. Nothing like a cute boy with long hair...

The Anderson's said...

What a handsome young man!

Kir said...

Holy moly! He looks so different with his cute little hair cut! LOVE the pigtails! I sure miss that cute little kid!!

Eric and Melissa Bringhurst said...

Hey guys? Hows it going? Jack looks so grown up with his new do! Hope you are doing great out there in the big city!

Lisa said...

I e-mailed you through your blogger e-mail link. Don't know if you got it, but I can send you by e-mail pictures of you when you were at my house for our fun weekends. You were a beautiful baby. Happy to share. You can e-mail me through blogger.

Erin Quinn said...

He looks so much older now! What a doll; you are two lucky parents. Love you all!