Today is what I call the dreaded "Third Day". Every time Jack gets sick, the third day is always the worst. The third day is when the exhaustion of no sleep for both of us manifests and both of our nerves are shot. I try and push fluids and he pushes me away and yells. He melts down at the little things and then I yell. The third day is never pretty at my house. However, this isn't the worst. The worst is when I get him down for his nap and my mind starts to wander to a happier place. My dream place......
I imagine that Jay and I have a lovely ranch somewhere like this.....

And that Jack stays outside, happy and content, playing in the hose all day like this....

And then I imagine THIS in chaps and mucky cowboy boots and then suddenly......

I imagine another one of these....

Which inevitably would bring many more third days and the
vicious cycle begins again.
11 comments:
Lindsay you are incredibly funny!
lol. i love your thought process!
Your thought process is hilarious. Wait, is this an announcement of some sort?!
Haha! Noooo.
you are freakin' funny. and that is why we are friends.
Hilarious! I miss you! I've been wishing now more than ever you were still in the office (for my sake, not yours :)), these boys just don't cut it sometimes!
Hang in there! It's really hard when the little ones are down and goobing their germs all over you. My daughter is down with strep right now. Yuck!
so are you pregnant, or trying again?? so funny!
Deep thoughts!
You work at a cupcake shop?! I'm so jealous, that sounds delicious.
I totally get where you're coming from. One the other hand... Take the plunge! Everyone's doing it (so I'm told)!
Post a Comment