May 11, 2010

My Mom

My mom came to visit last week for 10 days. It was fabulous! This is the longest I've ever been away from my mom and I was really glad to see her. Unfortunately our weather was not great while she was here so we didn't get to do as much as I wanted, but we still had a great time. She got to see gorgeous Virginia in the spring and also got a taste of the city life. I don't think it is something she ever wants :)

Jack quickly attached himself to her and they became best buds.


We went to a cute little farm where Jack showed his Gram his love for animals. He also almost climbed all the way through the fence to get in with the lambs. Pretty sure that isn't allowed :)

Jay took Jack for the afternoon so my mom and I could go to Mount Vernon alone. It was lovely. George Washington really got a sweet spot on the Potomac. I think I should live there.


We went to a great little town called Occoquan. It is a super cute little town on the river full of shops and restaurants. It reminded me of Breckinridge, CO....made me a little homesick for CO :(

We had a great time with you mom! Hope you get to come back soon!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your mom is so beautiful. She doesn't look like she has aged at all....really. You must have truly enjoyed your time with your mom. It is so hard living far away. I'm lucky my mom moved near me. I don't have to miss her anymore.

Natalie said...

Cute how you're homesick for CO when, everytime I read your blog it makes me homesick for VA! Oh how I miss it! I would really love to take Joe down there so he can see where I grew up. Then maybe we could visit you guys!!! :D Cute post about your Mom, Mom time is always the best. :D

Anonymous said...

Mom's rock. Also, O town looks sweet. How far is it? Also, maybe after Jay becomes Jack Bauer, President Obama will let you live in George's house. I mean, it's the least he could do.

Mom said...

Haven't checked your blog for awhile. Oh, how I miss you! What a fun time I had and have wanted to go back ever since. I am sure hoping some day you move back to Colorado. It's hard having you all so far away. Give that cute Jack a hug for me.