Mar 9, 2011

Ducks in a Row

Jack has certainly inherited many of our traits. Jay and I both like things organized. However we have very different organizational techniques. Turns out that Jack has his own organizational style as well. All of his toys have their specific place. His routine has to be done in a certain order. Any deviation can cause major problems. I have spent the last few months taking pictures of how Jack lines things up. He is very particular about how they line up. I find it amusing....Jay made me ask the Dr. about it. Turns out he is going to be just fine, in spite of his obsessive tendencies :)










Our neighbor gave us an old high chair/desk for Jack. Jay has big plans for painting and reupholstering it. So, we gave Jack the electric screwdriver and let him take it apart. It took him less than 5 minutes to get about 30 screws out.....then he lined up the pieces. I'm pretty sure he is going to grow up to be an engineer. However, if you ask him, he is going to grow up to be Wolverine.




11 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Impressive skills Jack!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think he is going to be an engineer or a mechanic. He likes his tools.

Lisa said...

Okay, that Anonymous was me. I accidentally clicked that instead of publish then I clicked publish. Oops.

Natalie said...

May I just say, WOW! He's awesome! What a cute post. :D

diana said...

Well, he is definitely an ocd Johnson, isn't he? I like all the books on my shelf to be filed by author, then series if it is part of one, then sometimes by color. Michael likes to rearrange them to see if I will notice. Yes, I do notice! So, Jack just takes after his Johnson family. It is completely normal, at least that is what I tell myself.

Anonymous said...

Does Jack work for food? Because I have some serious organizing that needs to be done, but I can only pay him in suckers and jellybeans :)

Kir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kir said...

I remember a certain someone who liked to arrange her M&Ms before eating them! Jack is JUST LIKE YOU!! I love it!

Michelle Johnson said...

Yay for sorting and organizing!! Red and orange Skittles get eaten together in one bite, green and purple ones together next, and yellow ones in the trash...

Mandi said...

My favorite is the nail polish line up...I think you need to trash some of those. I guarantee I saw some from middle school in that bag:)Also, did you seriously post that at 4:45 am your time? Get some sleep!

Amy and Barry said...

I LOVE this! What a clever little guy!