
Except that it is. A tumor. On our baby.
Luke has a lump under his brow bone between his eye and his nose. Just a tiny lump, but it has gotten bigger. Our pediatrician referred us to an Ophthalmologist who we saw on Thursday. He checked it out and said that Luke has a tumor. He isn't positive what kind of tumor and won't know until he takes it out and they do a biopsy. So, our poor little Luke has to have surgery. The Dr. wants to wait until he is 9 months so he is a little bigger to handle the anesthesia. His surgery is scheduled for August 12th, unless it starts growing faster, then they will take it out ASAP. He is optimistic that it is a benign tumor common in babies called a dermoid tumor/cyst. Feel free to wikipedia it, and prepare yourself to be grossed out.
So, if you would, please keep Luke in your prayers.
On a happier note, Luke thinks that rice cereal is poison. I might agree with him. He gags, he spits it out, he has even thrown up because he thinks it is so gross. We keep trying, but he keeps hating. I think I will let him have a break and try again in a month or so.
7 comments:
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! That's got to be so stressful for you and not any fun for him. I hope everything goes well & we will definitely keep him & you in our prayers.
Natalie hated rice cereal too, someone recommended we mix vanilla soymilk with it and suddenly she loved the stuff. :)
Bless his heart! I hate that for you guys. I stress for DAYS and cry when I know Mya has to get shots at her next appt because it breaks my heart when she's sad and anything hurts her. I can't even imagine surgery! Prayers for all of you!
The cereal video cracks me up, that's how Mya feels about most baby food, but as of late she's decided she loves the oatmeal. Maybe he'll like that better.
Poor Guy! He's going to grow up and have so many adventures! What a way to start it off. Lots of prayers to you and you're little family. Keep the faith!
Poor little guy! Well, he is still as cute as ever with his sweet little face and awesome laugh.
Thinking about you guys, and keeping you in my prayers!
I love the little face Luke makes with the rice cereal! What a cutie!
I'm sorry. That's really hard, we will be keeping you all in our prayers. He's definently a cute little thing though, I think he'll have a good sense of humor just like his brother.
Xandra still wont eat rice cereal unless there is fruit mixed in, it's not really that great so I don't blame them.
I am so sorry! My brother had to have a brain tumor removed as a little 2nd grader and it was a hard time for our family. Luke is so young! Check out living on a raw food diet for a little while--it has been known to heal tumors, cancers, and other things!
Post a Comment