Apr 22, 2011

Lindsay Vs. The Birds


This lovely creature is the root of all of my angst. Jay says that doves are the most peaceful creatures....with their calm coos and beautiful features. This might be true if they weren't trying to build a nest on our patio. I don't want their poo all over and I certainly don't want them dive-bombing Jack this summer to protect their babies (spawn might be a better term).

I LOATHE them. I just hear that coo and my blood turns cold. I have knocked down the start of their nest about a million times and they just keep coming back! Our neighbors have a perfectly good patio....that is safe from me. I don't understand why they torment me. I find myself losing sleep trying to think of a way to keep them away. I feel like the coyote trying to get that irritating road runner. And soon they will have babies...and take over the world!!

......Am I in an Alfred Hitchcock movie?

6 comments:

Amy and Barry said...

I'm with you, judging from the picture you're dealing with pure evil! I don't like the way it's looking at you. Is there anything you can do to block where they keep building? Maybe a piece of screen or something?

Some easily accessible nest building materials and strategically placed bird seed tossed over on your neighbor's balcony may not be a bad idea either...

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

I can mail you my shot gun.. that should do the trick!

Anonymous said...

two words: Pepper Spray.

Emily said...

Ugh! birds creep me out too! You should get a fake bird and stick it up there to scare them off. My inlaws have a wooden seagull on their porch and it keeps the birds from nesting there great

Stephanie said...

A big rock and chicken wire!

Michelle Johnson said...

How about stuffing a few pairs of rolled up old socks in that spot and blocking them out?