Nov 29, 2011

Gypsies

Surprise! We are moving! The time has come for us to say goodbye to the east coast. Jay is done with school on Dec. 15th and still hasn't found a job. Sad, we know. So, we are moving in with Jay's awesome parents who now reside in lovely Lehi, UT until he finds something. So, Utah friends, hold onto your knickers 'cause a party is coming to town! We are sad to leave our friends and our little life we have made here, but we are really excited to be near family, the mountains and decent hair stylists (ok, that last one is just mine).

Since we only have about 2 weeks left, we have been trying to see a few of our favorite places again. Jack and I went to Mt. Vernon on Saturday. Just the two of us. We had a great time and Jack said, "Mom, I sure like going on dates with you". He just melts my soul.



And, since I am an exceptional mother, Jack is wearing my gloves because I forgot his. Nice.


Here is Jack with Aladdin the camel. The sun was in his eyes and he uncovered them for just long enough for me to get a picture.


Jack and Luke have really started bonding. If you can call wrestling and fighting bonding :)


I have been packing, packing, packing. This means that the boys have ample time to get into things while I am not paying attention. Luke is a climber. He moved all of the things off the closet shelves so he could climb them and sit on them. He climbed up onto a packed box to get a better look at himself in the mirror. With a door stop in his mouth of course.



And just for fun, here is a picture of Luke and Jack in the same high chair close to the same age. (I think Jack was a few months older). They are finally starting to look different!! :)

6 comments:

Kir said...

WOW! How did Luke get so big? I haven't even seen him yet, and he is already a man! Love to read your posts! They make me laugh!

Julie said...

Nope, they really still look the same! We are so excited to have you only eight hours away! instead of a whole America away!

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to lie to you....I hope you stay in Utah forever. Although, I know you might be a little sad if that actually happened.

Also, at least you were thinking of yourself when you took Jack on your date :) I think those gloves look lovely on him.

Lisa said...

You changed the name of your blog! Clever, I like it. Your boys are the most adorable little things, I just want to eat them up. (next to my boys, of course, but there isn't much adorable about 18 & 19 anymore unless you are a teenage girl).

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

I can't believe how big Luke is getting!! So cute!! I can't wait for you to move 5 minutes from me!! I am soo excited! Play dates, dinners with your cute family, and Mckenie's big girl room should be ready just in time!! Ok I'll try to not be too annoying, but so excited for you!

Amy and Barry said...

I hope them looking different is a joke! :) All I could think that whole post was how much they looked alike. The last pic only confirmed it! Mya is a climber too and also loves to eat door stops. I think she and Luke could be good friends. Sooo excited for you to be in Utah!