Nov 1, 2011

Halloween Weight

Is it just me or does the food from about mid-September to Christmas just about top everything? Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, spice cake, Kit Kats, Twix, turkey, sugar cookies, ham, potatoes with cream cheese....you name it. Must be the cooler weather that makes me want to turn on my oven and cook. Unfortunately, my baby weight (which is still holding strong) has now been named Halloween weight (thank-you Jack for not noticing how much candy has actually been stolen from your plastic pumpkin). Next month it will be Thanksgiving weight. You get the idea. Oh well. I should just think of it as insulation for a long winter, right? :)

Jack wanted to carve "Jack Skellington" for his pumpkin. Jay did a great job. Very spooky.




Since my kids aren't old enough to think for themselves most of the time, I took the liberty of deciding our costumes. Jack thought it was a great idea. Luke didn't really care. And Jay knows better than to argue :)


Jack loved trick-or-treating. He asked to go again today. Poor kid.


Jack made a great Scarecrow. Thank you to my sisters for once again supplying my kid's costumes :)



Everyone keeps calling Luke a girl. I think Luke is really cute, but I really hope that if we ever have a little girl she looks like me.


Our very sweet neighbor gave Jack his Christmas present early. It is a remote controlled Jeep. The boys love it and I love it because it distracts them long enough for me to make food :)


And lastly, since I just can't get enough of my sweet little Luke.....

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I just adore your posts Lindsay! You make me giggle. Your boys are just the cutest and I love your Halloween costumes! Great pictures!

Kir said...

So fun! You guys look great, and so cute in your costumes!

Becca said...

Jay is a good sport. Great costumes. And wow, what a nice neighbor you have!!! Bring that Jeep out here and we can ride it around in our basement!

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

Luke looks like a boy! How could anyone confuse?! Everyone called mckenzie a boy too. I was ticked. Great pumpkin! You guys looked great!! I was too lake this year for pictures of costumes. Shawn was "winning" as Charlie sheen and I was a fat prego lady in an orange jumpsuit. At least mckenzie was cute. Or so I think.

Amy and Barry said...

Luke is avery sweet, cute boy, but he does not look like a girl! People still call Mya a bound she actually has hair now, wears heart shaped clips in it, and is usually in some form if pink or purple... People are just clueless. :) the costumes are awesome, well done!

Anonymous said...

Come on Linz, you can do it! We HAVE to have spa day! Also, your costumes are perfectly lovely and that is one sweet neighbor x-mas gift. We give our neighbors truffles :)

steph said...

Clever pumpkin! Your costumes are fabulous! Very cute. :)

People always thought Jack was a girl too as a baby... even when i dressed him in camo-pants. Babies just look girly I guess, 'cause they're so beautiful!

By the way, your post reminded me of this video:http://youtu.be/_YQpbzQ6gzs
I thought you would enjoy it ;)

Hopefully we can see you guys before you head out!

The Anderson's said...

Super cute costumes and totally awesome neighbor christmas gifts! It was fun seeing you guys last month!

Emily said...

I love that you all dressed up to match. So cute. Will was a little lion too, darling!