Dec 22, 2013

It's Autumn Time

Since we have lived on the east coast, fall has quickly become my favorite season. The leaves!  Oh my, I love the colors!  Plus the humidity dies a little and the temperatures are somewhat bearable.  I do have to say that I like to shovel snow more than I like raking leaves.  No critters jump out of snow when you shovel.  But, when you rake leaves, you just never know what is going to spring on you.  Gross.

We have a great back yard and we put the boys to work :)


I LOVE going to the pumpkin patch every year!  It really brings out the country girl in me and helps me get back to my roots :) Hayrides and pumpkins and apple cider doughnuts..what could be better?!


The boys wanted really big pumpkins to carve.  Jack did his entirely on his own.  It is fun to see how capable a five year old is...and a little scary when his capabilities involve a tiny little saw.


Jack and Luke insisted that we all dress up as super heroes this year.  I was a little bummed.  I really wanted to be Mary Poppins and make all the boys be chimney sweeps.  Cute, huh?  I think my days of choosing all the costumes are over.  They have opinions now.  Sigh.

Could the babies be any cuter with these little capes!?


I love all my super heroes. Glad I'm well protected :)


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Cutest family award goes to you guys! I love your costumes! I miss being able to pick the boys' costumes too. Its tough when they have an opinion! They end up looking cute anyway though. :D