Oct 21, 2008

For the Ladies -Men, you may skip....you won't appreciate it anyway.

Today, Jack and I went to Wal-Mart...where I got carded...for buying spray paint. I guess you have to be 18 to buy spray paint and the guy thought he had a case of Juno and teen motherhood on his hands. I showed him my I.D. and he said, "26, huh? Wouldn't have guessed that". I could have kissed him! Had he looked at me a little closer, he may have noticed the extra 10 pounds of baby weight I am STILL carrying and the fact that my boobs are practically hanging into my armpits. I realized the other day where cleavage used to be is now completely sternum bone.

I have been working my butt off to get rid of these last 10 pounds. I am walking with my mom in the mornings and doing my Hip Hop Abs.....now before any of you think these are sally pants walks, I can assure you they are not. My mom walks about 47 mph and I trail behind her about 10 feet supporting myself with the stroller, gripping my side and gasping for breath. Anyone have ideas of how to fix the above weight problem without giving up butter, cheese, pancakes or chocolate?

5 comments:

Emily said...

you are so funny linz. honestly, I'm on an once a day chocolate diet, and it's not going so well for me. Let me know if you get any ideas. I hear pilates do wonders for post pregncy women... yet to find out myself.

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl, I wish someone thought I was a teen mom. haha! Okay, so the last 10 lbs are the WORST to get rid of. I just barely got rid of mine 2 months ago, and HELLO, Bayles is almost one. I am thinking nursing has NOTHING to do with weight loss. Stinkin' doctors, what do they know :) Anywho, I suppose it just has something to do with time and working out, which you are already doing (nice job!). So now I suppose you just have to wait. Lame, I know. The positive thing about working out, I find, is that I can take Bayles to the YMCA with me and pawn him off on the day care for an hour. It's great!

diana said...

Ha! Good luck with that one. How on Earth did Mom ever learn to walk so fast. I couldn't even keep up with her when I ran track, and was svelte. I just tell her to give me a big head start now.

Anonymous said...

Here is the easiest thing you can do to hopefully make a difference without changing your butter habit:) Your body gets used to a work out out routine that doesn't change and stops having much affect on your body, basically you hit a plateau. So every 2 weeks you need to "shock" your body with a new routine. This will not only work different muscles to gain more muscle mass, but it will pump up your metabolism, until it gets used to that workout, and thus the cycle continues! You can return to old routines over time, but I would say, go invest in a couple more workout videos and start changing it up every couple of weeks. Also, I'm glad you were mistaken as a teen mom:) "Aaaah, stork parking, quick look pregnant!"

Kaela Cusack said...

you make me laugh! I love to check up on you guys :) glad you're doing well.