Oct 16, 2008

Tales of the Work Widow

Well, this week brought a lot of changes! First big change to note was moving Jack out of our room! He now has his own room. I have to admit that I think I struggled more than he did. I think I checked on him about 307 times before I could finally sleep and then I couldn't get more than two hours of sleep because I had to keep going in his room to make sure he was still breathing, warm enough and not kidnapped. However, all is well now. He slept for 11 hours last night. It was heaven and I think he sleeps better away from his paranoid mother :)

Second change to note... I am now a single mother :( Jay got a job up in Tacoma, WA. for 6 weeks. He is roofing some family housing on the Army base up there. He has been gone for two days and I am ready for him to come home. I am glad we are still living with my parents so that I don't get too lonely :) He should be home the week before Thanksgiving. So, I am including lots of pictures of Jack, so he doesn't miss anything good while he is gone :)

Here is a cute little video of Jack laughing. It was the best I could get. As soon as I pull out the camera, he gets too focused on it and forgets to keep laughing. I also held the phone up to his ear today so Jay could talk to him. He tried to eat it. I don't think he's quite ready for the phone yet.




This is Jack's little bouncy thing that my sister Kate sent for him. He loves it but is still a little too small. And yes, we are a little redneck and let our kid run around in just his diaper.


If any of you have ever been to Boulder, CO. you may have see the contortionist man who can get himself in a teeny tiny box. Well, I think Jack may have found his calling in life. Watch out Pearl Street hippie! His feet are his greatest discovery. If I try to move his feet away from his mouth to change his diaper, he yells at me. If I put socks on him, he takes them off. Apparently they don't taste as good as baby feet.

I thought all 5 toes in the mouth was pretty impressive.


Finally for the last great news! My sister the Champion FINALLY had her baby yesterday. She was 8 days overdue. Yes, 8. I'm pretty sure I would have just lit a match and smoked the thing out by that point. But she is the patient one of the girls. They induced her and the baby basically slid right out. My sister is the 6 push queen. She weighed 8 lbs and was 19.5 inches long. She would have been just a wee little thing had she come on time! Her name is Mya Anne. She is a beautiful baby! Lovely skin and lots of black, black hair.


5 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

WOW! Jack is SO cute! you done good! He is obviously Jay's son, but I see a lot of Lindsay in him too!

k.young said...

Jack is getting so cute. Sad that Jay got a job far away. Hopefully it will go by fast.

Anonymous said...

You are like a military wife minus the military. You know, with Jay being gone all the time. Poor gal. Jack is so flexible. Before you know it those toes will be up his nose!

Heidi said...

How sad that Jay will miss Jack's first Halloween!! What is Jack going to be? I completely sympathize with you on being a single mom for awhile. Cody has been gone for over two weeks now and although he often left a lot, this time it's harder. Oh well, 2 weeks down, 11 (yes, weeks!!) to go, right?!? Hang in there, that's great that you have your parents to help you out. I'm serious, I think we should meet up for lunch or something in the next week or so before I leave Colorado! Let me know what you think.

Emily said...

5 toes in one mouth! IMPRESSIVE.