Oct 26, 2008

First Day of Snow

I really love fall because it means I can listen to Christmas music without funny looks from people. It finally snowed this past week and I was so excited! However, there is also something about this time of year that makes me feel like I should be in school and I have been feeling guilty all week...like I've been ditching class. I love being a stay at home mom. It really has it's perks :)

Here is the view from our back yard. So lovely! Sorry Kate and Diana if this makes you homesick, but it's your own fault for moving far away :)


Here is Jack bundled up and asleep after our morning walk. He loves to be outside.


He also wanted to show off his new hat. I had to get him a bigger hat for his huge noggin.


We sure have been missing Jay. Only 4 more weeks until he comes home! Here is an update from Jack...

Dear Dad,

I really miss you. Mom isn't as much fun to play with. She is too careful with me. But, I am trying to be good so that I get lots of presents from Santa. Here is a picture of me in my fun chair. I am getting really good at sitting up straight and playing with my toys. I also can touch the ground now from my chair and I am practicing my jumping so I can dunk some day.


I decided this week that I am too big for a bottle. They are for babies. I only want to drink out of a cup. Gram still has to help me because most of the time I just dump it down my chin. I guess I still need a little practice. Maybe I better try a sippy cup first.


Look at me trying to sit up all by myself! My head is so huge that I have a hard time holding it up. Mom says I look more like Quasimodo than a kid when I try to sit.


This is my really cool new hat. I like to wear it all the time, even when I'm naked. My feet are still my favorite toys. I can even pick my nose with my big toe.


This week I learned how to roll onto my belly all by myself!!! I am such a stud! However, I still can't roll from my belly to my back, so I get stuck a lot. Mom usually has to come rescue me and roll me back over. She gets really mad at me when I do it at 3 am, but I think it is a funny joke, so I usually try to do it a few times a night. I also like to get my legs stuck in the slats of my crib. Soon, I will be rolling all over the house and mom will be chasing me. She said she hopes you come home before that so you can deal with it :)

Yesterday we went to a pumpkin patch! It was really windy and so much fun! Here I am about to pet a baby goat, but then I saw my feet and decided I would rather play with them. Do you like my really cute hat?


Here is a picture I like to call "Jack in the Cob". I kept trying to look at the cool corn I was sticking my head through, so mom had to hold my head up for the picture. I got really mad about that.


You can just call me Jack the Pumpkin King. Mom looks pretty cute, too, eh?

I love you, dad. Have fun in Washington. Don't forget to bring me home a little present.

Love, Jack D.

4 comments:

k.young said...

Cute post! Jack is getting so big! He is so cute!

diana said...

Thanks Linz!! I am feeling homesick, and yet is it my fault that we follow the money trail? If there were jobs there we would probably move home. Jack sure is cute.

Anonymous said...

It apparently doesn't snow in VA. well, maybe a little, but nothing to brag about. I'm ticked. It looks oh so lovely in CO. Additionally, 1)love Jack's hats. I am needing to get a hat for Bayles ASAP.
2)Isn't Jay's first love Matthew McConehey? (sp?)
3)You are funny.

Anonymous said...

As an additional note... I don't think Jack will have a complex hanging out with Bayles, because the are equally cute. Seriously, Jack is looking stinkin' cute. They can be each others wingman.