Aug 5, 2009

Today, I Became A Surgeon

I have always thought that I would make an excellent surgeon. One day, in the not so near future, I am going to go to med school. It may actually happen in another life, but it's going to happen :) I think opening someones chest and fixing their heart would be the coolest thing ever. Or putting a face back together....that would be awesome. Today I got to practice on myself. I'm just glad it wasn't Jay this time. A casualty to Jay at this point in our move would be tragic. There is a reason that I don't move heavy things and much to Jay's dismay, I am going to call the men from our new ward to help us move in :) This is what happens when you move a really heavy dresser and you don't lift it up high enough and it scrapes over your foot......

Picture #1 - Initial injury
Picture #2 - Post op.
Picture #3 - Bandaged

I'm not going to lie, I really am mostly upset about how my toe will look in my pretty shoes the rest of the summer and I'm really sad about my lovely pedicure. I know....vanity.



On a happier note, we went to the zoo on Saturday. It is a really cool zoo where you walk along a boardwalk at eye level of the giraffes. Jack totally dug it. He loved the giraffes and even got to touch one!


I included this animal because it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen and I thought other people should be puzzled by its existence.

9 comments:

Tutu Qute said...

Oh man you toe looks awful lindz! Hope it's feeling okay, good thing it's sandle weather give it a chance to heal. BTW I don't remember the name of that crazy animal but we just got back from Disney World where they had one of those at Animal Kingdom and I learned they are the only animal related to the giraffe even though most people think it's related to the zebra. LOL Funny fact! Good luck on the rest of your move, don't get hurt any more.

Kate said...

Good job! Nice and even. The bandage looks ggod too. Don't be too surprised if you loose the entire nail in a couple of weeks. So what dresser?

Kate said...

That's GOOD, not ggod.

Natalie said...

Sorry about your toe! Ouch!! Good job on the bandage though!

Its an Okapi!!! I LOVE THEM! They are so different looking and yes, a lot of people think they're related to the zebra because of the bum stripes but its totally the giraffe. :D Enoch loves seeing them at the zoo. Too much fun.

Good luck on your move. :D

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

Dude, is that a scare from getting your bunion removed?? poor thing!

Anonymous said...

I just about started dry heaving seeing that you know. Please don't ever let your toe touch me until it's completely healed :)

Also, trust me, you do not EVER want to go to medical school. Maybe you could just play a doctor on TV. That would be quicker and easier :)

diana said...

OUCH!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your toe... it looked painful. In 10 years Christian could maybe help stitch that up for you!!

Emily said...

OUCH!

And

What in the world IS that thing?!