Sep 20, 2009

I Need a Lumberjack

If anyone thinks that too many trees are being cut down, they should come to Virginia. I absolutely love trees. I think they are lovely and necessary. However, I can't see a darn thing here! I am getting claustrophobic! Everywhere I look there are trees. I can't tell if I'm going north or south...I can't see road signs because the trees grow on top of them...sometimes you can't even see sunlight! I'm telling you, if I could find a hill around here, I would climb it, just so I could see over the trees for a few minutes. Virginia is in need of serious deforestation. I can't wait for the leaves to fall off so maybe I can see a little further.



Speaking of Lumberjacks, our Jack has decided that he doesn't want to wear clothes anymore, only rain boots. Every day he brings me his rain boots and takes his clothes off. They are two sizes too big and he can barely walk in them, but he loves them. I'm hoping this stage goes away before Kindergarten :)




8 comments:

Becca said...

I felt claustrophobic in Indiana at first too. So I know what you mean. That first harvest when they chopped down the corn fields I was blown away at what was on the other side and I had no idea!

Kir said...

You are going to love it when the leaves fall! Well, love and hate! Just wait till you 'feel' the weather! It is amazing what is on the other side of the trees though...!

Lisa said...

I know what you mean about the trees. They are so beautiful, though. When we moved to Boise, we found out it was nicknamed "The City of Trees". I thought, "You've got to be kidding me?!" It's a joke compared to Virginia/Maryland.

Just wait for the ice storms, those trees break and and knock out power frequently. We were out of power for a day and a half with two small babies. Others, in more rural areas were out of power for up to two weeks. If you have a wood burning fireplace, be sure to have a decent supply of wood or fireplace logs. You just might need it.

Natalie said...

I LOVE the rain boots! How cute!!! He is a such a darling little boy.

I MISS Virginia so badly! I was born in VA and have been blessed to make a few trips back since leaving when I was 8 years old but I know what you mean about the trees. Apart of me adores and misses those trees but it is nice to know which direction you're headed in every now and then.

Anonymous said...

The leaves may fall, and you may see a few more things, but then it's all ugly and dead. I mean, it was a miracle Bayles even got to play in the snow last year. Hate to be a downer. But I'm pregnant, that's what I do best ;) On the bright side, it is freakin' awesome watching the leaves change out here. Beautiful.

Amy Chapman said...

I LOVE the boots! He is too cute!

I want you to know, ever since living in Utah, I feel claustrophobic every time I go back to Ohio. However, fall back east beats fall out here any day, so enjoy!

diana said...

Jack seems to be channeling his Uncle Dan's spirit. Boots are all a guy needs, right?

Kate said...

I remember feeling just like that when we first moved to Atlanta. We took a trip to Stone Mountain, the ONLY mountain in GA. And guess what I saw at the top? TREES, and more trees. That claustrophobic feeling will go away. Give it a couple of months. At the very least, you will have a real fall there, and will get great naked trees! How very Halloween-y! Miss you terribly, but hope you guys are enjoying this time away!