Nov 21, 2008

To the Twilight movie Naysayers

Let's just talk about the Twilight movie for a little bit. We ALL knew it wasn't going to be as good as the book and we ALL knew that any Edward they picked would never be sexy enough (no such being exists as far as I'm concerned...sorry Jay, even you have to agree)....so why focus on the negative? It's a movie about Twilight for heavens sake! It doesn't get much better than that! I must say that Robert Pattinson has really grown on me. I might even say he makes a decent Edward...even downright hot at times. Jay and I went to see it this afternoon and I thought it was great! Plus we saw it early enough that all of the 13 year old girls weren't out of school yet, so that was a plus. I was pretty excited I have to say. I hope they make enough money to keep it going. Although, I couldn't help but laugh at Peter Facinelli playing Carlisle. All I could think about was when he played Mike Dexter in Can't Hardly Wait. If you haven't seen the 90's classic, you should rent it. A top notch flick in my opinion :) On another movie note, they showed a preview for the new Harry Potter and I must say, that is going to be seriously sweet.

In other news, my mountain man husband is back and sporting a healthy looking beard. I must say, he looks pretty hot. Jack is thrilled to have him back and can't take his eyes off him. I think he is scared that he will leave again. I am happy to have my little family back together.

Go OU tomorrow. You are really going to need some luck.


9 comments:

Heidi said...

Look at all that drool! Any teeth yet for young Jack?
I have put aside my reserves for Twilight and am ready to just accept it for what it is. "Diggory" will never be the Edward from my mind when I read, but I am ok with that. My dad is going to go with me tomorrow to see it since my hubby isn't in town and probably wouldn't enjoy it anyway. (He'd go with me, but I know he wouldn't want to be there, which would kinda ruin it!) Anyway, glad Jay got back ok and that you guys are together again! I am awaiting our reunion next week, pretty dang excited for Christian to see his Daddy after 8 weeks!!! Not sure he's going to know what to do...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we actually liked the movie quite a bit. It wasn't great, but it was good. Better than expected, that's for sure. Also, I think Robert Pattison looks hot as Edward, but he isn't so hot in real life. Plus Scott thought Kristen Stewart was cute, so, it was a good movie for both of us :)

k.young said...

I loved the movie. It was way better than I thought it was going to be. And Edward TOTALLY grew on me.
YAY for Jay being home!

diana said...

I loved the movie for the pure and simple reason that it is a movie about a book that I love. Harry Potter does look exceptionally awesome. (Too bad the producers are money grubbing sissies! We could have had two great movies to see this holiday.) Tell Jay the beard looks great.

Becca said...

I'm glad Jay is back. I've never seen him with a beard. It's not too bad actually.

Emily said...

haven't seen the movie yet but boy people sure are heated. :) I'm excited to see it. Glad to see your boyfriend's back!

Anonymous said...

I am glad there are so many people who like the movie...Aaron and I were quite disappointed and we didn't even have high expectations! In my opinion he acting was not good (Bella, Jacob) the script was really not good (what was that stupid 30 second scene in the diner, no point! And why did she "have to see him in the sun right now!")And why did they make Jasper so weird!? I don't get it. I was pleasantly surprised with Robert Pattison, his acting exceeded expectations and I really like the baseball scene and the attack scene. So call me a Naysayer Linz! I am glad you liked it and heck yeah for the Harry Potter trailer.

Lacey.costner said...

I'm not going to get into Twilight, people are sooo defensive when someone has a different opinion, I actually found someone who quoted my blog and went off on me, yeah she didn't think I read her blog, and I L-O-V-E- the books, read them 3 times over already. Anyways, glad to see Jay is home, have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

melissa said...

HHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIKE DEXTER ... i seriously almost died when i found out that he was carlisle... honestly, maybe even peed my pants a little bit. thank you for appreciating that. and i completely agree with the post - i loved the movie... i think we're the only ones. unfortunately, i went to the 12:01 showing on thursday with 8247329748290742 screaming middle school-age girls.